2012 Auction Items
Some of our wonderful silent and live auction prizes are:
– A Dinner Party for 12 guests in your own home, including food prepared by VIM’s favorite caterer Rita Welch, fine red and white wines, gifted by Michael Richman. Your table will look beautiful with flowers designed by Elise Richman, and a pair of antique glass candlesticks, topped with flowers, shades and tassels, courtesy of Elise Abrams Antiques.
– Get away and enjoy a two-night stay in NYC for two people at a lovely studio apartment in the Hampshire House on Central Park South, donated by Catherine and Matt Mandel. Dinners at two of New York City’s top restaurants are part of your package: A tasting Dinner with wine pairing at Telepan for one night, and dinner the second night at Lusardi’s. You are also getting 2 theatre tickets for each night for wonderful house seats to two shows (two weeks notice required) of your choice!
– Invite 50 guests for a beautiful sit-down Brunch, prepared by Berkshire’s beloved owner/chef Terry Moore at his wonderful restaurant, the Old Mill. This wonderful Egremont restaurant, long a local favorite, will open its doors just for you and your party.
-Concert Violinist Joseph Silverstein, Tanglewoods’s celebrated former Concertmaster, and Assistant Conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and his wife Adrienne, will graciously welcome 6 guests into their home in Stockbridge for a very special evening. Wine and cheese will be served, and you will experience an incredible opportunity to listen to Mr. Silverstein talk about his nine violins, and demonstrate them.
– Jeffrey Erdos has custom-built, and totally hand-crafted an incredible Doll House that is certain to become a family heirloom. It is built in 1” = 1’ scale. The overall dimensions of the house are: 42″ wide X 23″ deep X 36″ high (equivalent to 2900 sq. ft.). Viewing from the rear, the rooms to the right are 20″ deep x 14″ wide; the rooms to the left are 14″ deep X 13″ wide. Ceiling height is 9″.
– Unique Learning and Dining Experience! A spectacular culinary affair, to be shared by 6 guests at the home of Arnie and Sue Cohen in Hartsville. Arnie was trained by noted Italian chef Giuliano Bugialli in New York, and will share his knowledge and talent. You will learn hands-on how to make the pasta and assist in the preparation of your own delicious dinner.
– A fun time is guaranteed when you welcome David Grover for a private performance at a party at a Berkshire location of your choosing. Although more widely recognized for his children’s performances, David shines as well at an all adult event.
– Cocktail party for 22 guests in the private room of Chez Nous, courtesy of owners Franck Tessier and Rachel Portnoy. This authentic French bistro, located in Lee, boasts fine food in a beautiful space.
– Dinner for 12 at the Cork ‘n Hearth in Lee, where owners Jasmine and Chris Ryan dine with you and your guests in a wonderfully inviting setting, boasting incredible, breathtaking views of Laurel Lake.
– Gather your children and grandchildren for a family photography session with Berkshire Photographer Tricia McCormack.
– An Evening with the Stars: Wine, dessert, telescopes for 6 people, with a view of the southern skies out on the deck at the Alford home of John and Tricia Bevan. John will help you identify planets and stars, or take a close-up look at the moon. A rare opportunity, indeed!
– A SPA and BEAUTY PACKAGE including massage therapy and 2 yoga/Pilates classes by Bridget Ford Hughes at The Pastures, a hair makeover, including cut, color and a gift of quality products from Mulberry Hair Company, plus facial products and make-up consultation from Studio Day Spa in Great Barrington.
– Caterer/Chef Dawn La Rochelle, offers a complete dinner for 8 guests, and you can choose where! She will serve you at Perigee, her delicious restaurant in Stockbridge, or provide you with a catered meal, to be enjoyed in the comfort your own home.
–Well known Photographer Edward Acker has once again offered a family photography shoot.
-One week stay for a child at the famous Kutcher’s Sport Camp on Lake Buel in Great Barrington.
-Best of the Berkshires Package, including a tour of The Mount, Edith Warton’s Estate, Berkshire Botanical Gardens, a case of mixed liquors given by Chris and Tyler Weld of Berkshire Distillers, lunch for two at Blantyre.
-Classic Vintage Lamp from local shop owner Dabney McAvoy.
-A delightful Grandparents’ Packet, including a one-month Family Membership to the Berkshire South Community Center, $100 Gift Certificate to Glad Rags, an Autographed Book by famed author Jan Brett, plus a Jan Brett bag and poster, the book Camping with Kids by Helen Olsson, the book 44 Outings in the Berkshires with Kids, 4 Tickets to the exciting Adventure Park at Catamount.
(list as of July 30)